School for Simon
Schools play a key part in our work by partnering with us to help educate the next generation on homelessness, the work of Simon Community NI and the impact fundraising can make to the lives of people who are homeless.
Choosing us as a Charity of the Year is a fun and easy partnership – just sign up to one, or more, of our fun events or hold your own and we’ll help you along the way!
Sweaters For Simon
Your school can help those facing homelessness by holding a Christmas Jumper Day for Simon Community NI. Simply grab your most festive jumper, Santa hat or reindeer antlers and make a donation to help end homelessness.
Sign up and receive your FREE fundraising pack, which includes a certificate for best dressed pupil and teacher!
Socks for Simon
A fun and easy to plan activity, Socks for Simon can be held at any time throughout the term and asks pupils and teachers to pop on bright, odd or themed socks and make a donation for homelessness.
Sign up and receive your FREE fundraising pack which includes a free pencil for each pupil & fun activities.
Sing for Simon
Why not hold a collection at your Christmas Carol Service, Nativity Play or Christmas Concert for Simon Community NI. This is an easy way to help bring joy to those less fortunate at Christmas.
Contact our team so we can provide any materials you may need to show that you’re supporting Simon Community NI.
Style it for Simon
Why not theme this around a holiday – scary hair at Halloween, green bows for St Patrick’s Day or wacky colours for end of term!
Contact us to sign up and we can help support your Style It for Simon day.
We can also help you to fundraise for Simon by organising your own event.
To learn more or arrange a school educational talk, contact our School’s Coordinator, Amanda Scott on:
t. 028 9023 2882
“Thank you for the talk you gave our children. The presentation was very informative, and the children were engaged asking lots of interesting questions. We can’t wait to raise funds for Simon Community NI.”
– Janet Sandikli, Belmont Primary School
In return for supporting Simon Community NI you will receive:
- A Fundraising Pack for Charity of the Year partnerships and participation in Sweaters for Simon and Socks for Simon.
- An educational talk before or after your fundraising from Simon Community NI’s dedicated Schools Fundraiser.
- A Certificate of Appreciation.
- A ‘Simon Bear’ mascot to remember how your school is helping to end homelessness in NI (Primary Schools only).
- Resources to help your fundraising – balloons, buckets, pencils, sponsor forms, donation envelopes and information leaflets.